This policy is designed to conform to the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). As part of this you have a number of rights:
- The right to be informed about how Rebellion Academy will use your personal data - which is explained in this policy
- The right to access a copy of any personal data Rebellion Academy holds about you (see more details on the Information Commissioner's website)
- The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete (more details)
- The right to request the deletion or removal of personal data (more details)
- The rights to restrict and object to processing of personal data (more details about restriction and objection)
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (more details)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (more details)
- The right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with Rebellion Academy and/or the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Contacting the data controllerRebellion Academy UK is the controller for the personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line: 'Data Protection Officer'.
This is the way to exercise your rights. For example, to exercise your right to request deletion of your personal data, you can remove your account from Rebellion Academy UK at any time by selecting REMOVE ME from your PROFILE located in the top right dropdown on the Academy. This takes you to a form where you can ask us to remove all your details. Once you have sent it we will erase all of your personal information and history from our systems.
What do we process your data for?We will process your data for the purposes of:
- collecting information about the trainings and resources you have used, to help identify which trainings and resources we should develop further;
- helping you track where you have to got to in your training, so that you have a coherence experience over time;
- keeping in touch with relevant news, your feedback on your experience with Rebellion Academy and related correspondence;
- sharing information about the trainings and resources you have used with Extinction Rebellion Pathways (who will find you a role).
How do we get your data?Some of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, or indirectly via the Extinction Rebellion Communications Hub, when you sign up to either Rebellion Academy UK. Additional personal information is collected by the Learning Management System ('Moodle') that Rebellion Academy uses to present trainings and track users' progress through the trainings.
We do not inspect or process your individual personal data unless explicitly directed to do so by you (for example, in exercising one of your rights). We are only interested in aggregate data - the patterns and averages of all users together - for the purposes above.
Sharing your informationWe will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us.
The ICO defines a 'processor' as: 'data processor', in relation to personal data, means any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
'Processing', in relation to information or data means obtaining, recording or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,
- retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data,
- disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
Where we use third parties for the processing of your data, these may be located outside the EU (in the USA). When this is the case, we endeavour to ensure that those third parties meet the requirements of the GDPR.
In some circumstances we are legally obliged to share information. For example, under a court order (where we have considered we have a lawful basis on which to share the information and document our decision making).
Automated decision-making or profilingWe do not use automated decision making.
Links to other websitesWhere we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Your right to complainWe work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal information. If you have queries or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll respond.
If you remain dissatisfied, you can make a complaint about the way we process your personal information to the ICO as the UK supervisory authority. The ICO provides guidance on making a complaint.
Collecting other anonymous data
AnalyticsWhen you visit uk.rebellion.academy, we use third-party services, including Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of behaviour patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
CookiesWe collect information about how you use our website using cookies and similar technology. This includes your viewing history, IP addresses, device identifiers and information about how long you have stayed on certain pages or what pages you have clicked on.
Search engine queriesSearch queries and results on our website are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No identifiable personal information is collected by us.
This version September 2021